- This event has passed.
Business Start Up Boot Camp
November 15, 2019 @ 8:00 am - 5:30 pm
- Learn the different types and styles of business plans and when to use them.
- Learn the various parts of a business plan and what information they hold.
- Get tips and tricks to writing a business plan.
- Use templates to gather information for your plan and financial projections.
- Learn how to build a marketing plan
- Learn the steps to analyze an industry for opportunities
- Determine your target market and primary customer
- Interpret what motivates your customer to buy your product
- Use your data to build the foundation of a set of financials that you can take to the bank
- Learn important financial planning skills as you build your financial model
- Determine your needed startup funds, operating expenses and learn how to forecast sales units and prices
Speaker- John Rhind
John is a creative marketing communications leader with over 35 years of experience. He’s helped dozens of Fortune 500 companies build strategic marketing programs that combine digital and traditional marketing approaches to deliver measurable results. John is a Certified Inbound Marketing Professional, has a Bachelor of Science from the Scripps School of Journalism / Public Relations at Ohio University.
Speaker- Mike Hadra
Mike retired from ABB, a multinational supplier of engineered control systems for process industries. He was responsible for departments, managed a projects organization, had profit and loss responsibility, and was Director of Operational Excellence and Safety of a multi-hundred-million-dollar division. Mike has counseled well over 500 clients and helped start more than 30 businesses. His non-accountant managerial experience, with its use of financial planning and control tools, makes him ideally suitable to teach a financials workshop to business owners, focusing more on practical aspects than on accounting theory.