- This event has passed.
Inner Circle: Should Entrepreneurs Trust Their Gut? Leadership Myths Busted
January 17 @ 11:00 am - 12:30 pm
You probably heard advice for entrepreneurs to go with their guts, stick to their guns, and be confident as leaders. Unfortunately, behavioral economics studies show that following these typical pieces of advice – and many similar ones – often leads to disastrous consequences, since our gut reactions and intuitions are adapted for the savanna environment, not decision-making in modern leadership contexts. Groundbreaking research on best leadership practices forms the basis for this presentation, which busts leadership myths and offers clear take-aways to facilitate your leadership success in making the best decisions for the success of your business.
- Identify where and when typical leadership advice for entrepreneurs is helpful and where and when it is not
- Understand why and when our gut reactions are a poor fit for entrepreneur leadership contexts, and when our gut reactions serve us well
- Discover how problematic mental patterns (called cognitive biases) lead to entrepreneur leadership disasters
- Learn the groundbreaking research on best entrepreneur leadership practices that busts leadership myths
- Develop a plan to integrate these practices into your entrepreneur leadership toolkit and teach them to others in your organization
Speaker: Dr. Gleb Tsipursky
Known as the Disaster Avoidance Expert, Dr. Gleb Tsipursky has over dramatically empowering leaders and organizations to avoid business disasters by addressing potential threats, maximize unexpected opportunities, and resolve persistent personnel problems through consulting, coaching, and speaking. He serves as the CEO of the boutique consulting firm , whose clients range from Fortune 500 companies to mid-size businesses and nonprofits. The author of the national bestseller on avoiding disasters, , his cutting-edge thought leadership was featured in over 400 articles he published and over 350 interviews he gave to popular venues that include , , , , , , , , , and many . He lives in Columbus, OH, and to avoid disaster in his personal life makes sure to spend ample time with his wife. His website is and his email is .