- This event has passed.
Online Marketing: How It Will Destroy Your Business (And The Unlikely Secret To Saving It)
October 12 @ 10:00 am - 11:00 amFree
Join us at The DEC on Thursday, October 19th from 10:00 – 11:00 am. Program:
Bill Troy will share the big ideas from his forthcoming book, ClickSand: How Online Marketing Will Destroy Your Business (And The Unlikely Secret To Saving It), an explosive wake-up call and warning for business owners about the dangers and hypocrisy in online marketing. In ClickSand, Bill compares giant firms like HubSpot, Google and LinkedIn as well as local agencies and consultants in towns big and small to snake-oil pitchmen of the 1800’s. You’ll never think of clicks, connections, likes or leads the same way again after hearing Bill’s presentation.
In this eye-opening discussion, you’ll learn:
- The recipe that snake-oil pitchmen have used for 125 years—and that online marketers still use today
- The five ways that online marketing can damage a business—especially a business that is built on relationships
- How online marketing analytics are designed to trick your brain into spending more just like slot machines
- How online marketers tell clients to do one thing while they themselves do something completely different
- The marketing model that online marketers will never tell you about—because it helps you instead of them
- How to ignore the online marketing “experts” and build a marketing approach that really works for your business
Presenter: Bill Troy
Bill Troy is an Inc. 500 CEO and a natural-born contrarian who, for 25 years, has helped global brands like Sony, Disney and Nestle see the world from a different perspective. Currently, he is CEO of Civilis Marketing, a firm that assists business leaders in authentically deepening the critical 1-to-1 relationships that drive their success.
Location: The Dublin Entrepreneurial Center is located at 565 Metro Place South, Dublin, Ohio 43017. For more information visit our website or even better join the conversation on twitter, facebook, or LinkedIn.