- This event has passed.
Small Business Breakthroughs
June 23 @ 11:30 am - 12:30 pm
A podcast-style Q&A designed to dig into the topics that are impacting your business and keeping you up at night.
About this event
Join the Ohio Small Business Development Center in partnership with the Dublin Entrepreneurial Center for a podcast-style Q&A designed to dig into the topics that are impacting your business and keeping you up at night.
In this edition of “Small Business Breakthroughs” Ohio SBDC Director Michael Bowers will talk with Matt Byrne, serial entrepreneur and founder of Spiralight Group Benefits
What will be discussed:
- What are the most critical things that a founder must do when building a business?
- How important is building a good internal and external team?
- What issues are important for the owner to be aware of as the business grows and transactions from a small business to a more developed growth business?
- What are some business resources, books, educational programs, etc. that business owners should seek out and take advantage of?
- And of course, we will answer your business questions
Featured Guest: Matt Byrne, Founder of Spiralight Group Benefits
Matt Byrne has made a career helping people find affordable health insurance. He is the founder of Spiralight Group Benefits, a Dublin Ohio-based brokerage providing comprehensive benefits, HR consulting, and compliance solutions for small- to mid-size businesses. Matt has a Bachelor of Arts degree from Boston University and holds a life and health license. He also serves on the executive board of the Columbus chapter of the National Association of Health Underwriters. Mr. Byrne is a subject matter expert speaking frequently about Health Care Reform, Employer Health Plans Affordability Programs, Self-Funded Solutions and is frequently quoted in national publications such as the Money Magazine, U.S. News and World Report, and The Wall Street Journal.
MODERATOR: Michael Bowers, CBA, Director, Ohio SBDC at Columbus State
Michael Bowers is a business consultant and Director of the Ohio Small Business Development Center at Columbus State. Michael works closely with entrepreneurs and business owners assisting them in building their companies. He has a diverse business skill set with experience in banking, private equity, strategic planning, digital media and marketing.